Strathcona County, Alberta – Strathcona County RCMP have laid nineteen charges in relation to an incident that began on December 24, 2017 where a male was involved in multiple collisions over several hours.
Faisal Hussain ARAIN, age 26 of no fixed address has been charged with:
- One count of criminal negligence causing bodily harm
- One count of impaired driving causing bodily harm
- One count of dangerous driving causing bodily harm
- One count of fail to remain at scene of accident causing bodily harm
- One count of possession of stolen property over $5000
- Two counts of theft of motor vehicle
- One count of break and enter
- Two counts of impaired driving
- One count of dangerous driving
- One count of criminal flight
- Four counts of drive while disqualified
- Three counts of fail to comply with recognizance
ARAIN was remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in Sherwood Park Provincial Court on Wednesday January 31, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
A 21-year-old female driver involved in the initial collision remains in hospital with serious injuries.
If you have any information about this, or any other crime, please call the Strathcona County RCMP at (780) 467-7741, or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com or by SMS (check your local Crime Stoppers www.crimestoppers.ab.ca for instructions).